I was tagged by Sara @ The Bibliophagist some time ago (note to self: don’t procrastinate until you almost forget you were tagged). Thanks to Sara for tagging me, and if you haven’t already, do check out her lovely blog!
6 Questions From Sara
1. Do you have any hobbies aside from reading?
I’m working on my own YA contemporary novel at the moment, and writing is definitely a big thing for me. I also play webgames probably more than is healthy.
2. What’s the last book you added to your TBR?
The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein by Kiersten White. Strictly speaking this was on my mental TBR for a long time, but I only added it to my GR list recently. The actual last TBR I decided to read was Vengeful by V.E. Schwab after I finished Vicious a couple weeks back.
3. What book are you most proud of finishing?
My 10th grade English class did A Tale of Two Cities, and I actually read most of it. It wasn’t as bad as its reputation but wow was Dickens wordy.
4. What’s been your biggest struggle with blogging?
At the start it was continuing to blog when it felt like I was writing for an audience of one! I’m very grateful to have become as involved in the book blogging community as I am now, but at the start it was quite tough when I had only a few followers and barely any views on new posts.
5. What made you decide to start blogging?
I had posted quite a few reviews on Goodreads and thought that it would be nice to assemble them all on my own blog.
6. What’s your favorite social media platform and why?
This is a pretty tricky question for me as I don’t use most social media platforms. I have Instagram and Twitter but they’re sorely neglected, and I haven’t used Snapchat in years. If it counts though, Reddit is my favourite by a long mile. I like that each subreddit has a very different atmosphere based on the topic and the CSS (boo to new Reddit). The ease of registration and anonymity (again boo to new Reddit) is also a plus. Occasionally I use Tumblr too, although my dashboard always gets clogged up with posts from old fandoms that I followed on a whim and don’t care for anymore.
6 Questions From Me
Going to steal two from Sara, because I love them:
- What’s the last book you added to your TBR?
- What book are you most proud of finishing?
- Book universe you’d most like to visit?
- What’s the biggest thing you’ve learned or skill you’ve cultivated through blogging?
- Who’s an author, dead or alive, that you would like to meet?
- Do you have a favourite place to read?
As always, feel free to participate if you’re interested, whether or not you’ve been tagged! Thanks for reading, and I look forward to seeing what answers you come up with!